Followers

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 27

TO IPAD2 OR NOT TO IPAD2.....


Okay, I confess. I was slow to get on the iPad bandwagon. So slow, in fact, that I finally decided to get one a few weeks before the big show by Steve Jobs to introduce the iPad 2. That's right, I'm one of those guys who paid a few hundred bucks more for the iPad before Apple decided to slash prices after the iPad 2 was launched.

But that's all good. It's actually a little deja-vu because the same thing happened when I got an iPhone 3GS (soon before the iPhone 4 arrived...I was a lot earlier with the original iPhone, snapping up one of the unlocked, jailbroken models at a local telco shop before they officially arrived on Malaysian shores)

Does anyone remember the iPhone 3G? How many people actually have one now? I would guess not as many as the iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4. That model is like a little hiccup in the evolution of the iPhone, when you think about it. Almost like it was rushed to meet expectations of Apple-lovers yet not having all the cool features that Jobs' tech team developed in the lab.

I feel the same way about the iPad 2. Sure, it's thinner, lighter and has a camera. But I can't get rid of this feeling that something's missing. I think others feel the same way, like this review below by Macworld (the guy seems more excited about the smartcover than the iPad 2 itself!)

One feature I do find attractive though is the iPad 2's ability to, via bluetooth, share the data connection of your phone (which acts as a wifi hotspot). The catch is, it only works with an iPhone 4. (To iPhone 4 or not to iPhone 4....that's another topic but you can guess what I think about that)

Call it sour grapes if you want, but I'm going to stick with my iPad for a while.....
In the meantime, here's another review of the iPad 2. I should warn you though...it's not what you expect :-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment